OIWC at Interbike,
Sept 22-26, 2008
Check out pictures from the party at:
|WAVE Location and Lodging
OIWC's WAVE Conference is in beautiful Ventura, California, at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach hotel. Your lodging is included in your conference registration fee - you do NOT need to book your room, OIWC will do it for you after you register for the conference.
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach (official host of the 2009 OIWC WAVE Conference)
450 Harbor Blvd.
Ventura, CA 93001
Come explore Ventura Beach and you'll uncover a treasure within the Crowne Plaza®Ventura Beach Hotel. Located directly on the beach, the subtle sounds of waves crashing against the sand will sooth you from the moment you wake up to the time your head touches the pillow for the night.
Within the Crowne Plaza® Ventura Beach hotel and in the surrounding areas, you can treat yourself to things such as...
• 258 Guest Rooms
• 118 Double Guest Rooms
• 114 King Guest Rooms
• 18 Suites
• 8 ADA rooms
• High Speed Internet Access
• Over-sized desks
• Built-in power outlets
• Ergonomic desk chairs
• Non-smoking rooms available
• In room Coffee & Tea
• 27" Television
• Ocean View Balconies
• Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage™ Bedding
• In Room Movies
• Hair Dryer
• Iron & Ironing Board
• Electric Door Locks for Security
• Adjacent to Ventura's Historic Pier
• 30 Minutes South of Santa Barbara
• Walking distance to Historic Downtown Ventura, and AMTRAK
• Full Service Beachfront Hotel
• Newly renovated rooms and suites with ocean views and balconies
• Heated oceanfront swimming pool
• Convenient Parking
• Free High speed Wireless Internet
VENTURA’S FREE CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
While in Ventura enjoy some of these free cultural activities.
- The Historic San Buenaventura Mission: Ventura’s founding Mission. Founded by Father Junipero Serra in 1782.
- The Olivas Adobe: An outstanding example of a two-story Monterey style adobe.
- The Ortega Adobe: Built in 1857, known as the birthplace for the Ortega Famous Green Chiles.
- Historic Ventura Pier, Beach and Surfer’s Point: 121 year old, 1700 foot wooden pier has a snack bar, restaurant, and bait shop. Beach has swimming, world famous surfing, and picnicking.
- Serra Cross Park at Grant Park Overlook Point: Park area with incredible views of the city and the Pacific Ocean. Serra Cross, originally a wooden cross placed atop the hill as a guide for travelers in 1782, has become a locally preserved symbol. The current cross has stood since 1941.
- Ventura County Museum: One of the oldest museums in California, interesting exhibits depicting life in Ventura County.
- Historic San Buenaventura City Hall: Built by Los Angeles architect Albert C. Martin, in 1912 in the "beaux-arts" style, City Hall features neo-classic columns, arched windows, and terra cotta facade decorated 24 faces of Franciscan padres, the order that founded the city in 1782. Beautiful, white Italian marble graces the inside where a large collection of art is displayed for viewing.
- Earl Stanley Gardner Library & Museum: The World's Most Significant Archive of Personal and Professional Papers, Scripts, Photographs, Costumes, Mementos and Memorabilia in private hands, from the man who created Perry Mason and Mr. Perry Mason, himself.
- Tour of Historic Rubicon Theatre: contact Mychele Dee at 805.667.2912 x237 for tour reservations. Beautiful, historic Theatre presenting critically acclaimed productions.
Photo credit: David Pu’u