Network with others in your regional group
While online networking provides an incredible way to meet people across the outdoor industries, nothing beats a face-to-face conversation. OIWC Regional Groups provide a way for you to get to know other members who live in your geographic region.
Every member of OIWC chooses their ‘primary group’ when they join the organization. This primary group determines your Regional Group, and gives you access to other members who chose this same primary group. To access your Regional Group, simply log in to the OIWC website, go to your Profile, and select “My Groups.” Your Regional Groups will be listed, along with any other groups you belong to. Most Regional Groups are statewide, but as a statewide group fills up, we will break them down into more narrow regions.
As an OIWC member, you can belong to more than one Regional Group, and you can view the activities and members of any Regional Group. Take advantage of this if you are traveling - visit the Regional Group of your destination and reach out to other OIWC members.
From your Regional Group, you can:
OIWC Regional Events
In addition to your Regional Group online, OIWC hosts regional events throughout the country every year. These events are a great opportunity to meet other OIWC members in person, plus learn valuable professional development skills. Locations rotate every year based on interest and support of members in a specific region. See what events we currently have scheduled.
- Find out who is your Regional Group by choosing “Directory” from the dropdown menu at the top of the page
- Get to know other members by posting questions related to where they work, what area they live, what industries or activities they are involved, etc.
- Let others in your area know about local happenings, women’s activities, special sales, etc.
- View or post photos from the Photo Gallery link in the dropdown menu
- Plan a meet up with other Regional Group members. We strongly encourage OIWC members to connect in person since networking is the #1 benefit of being a part of OIWC. (Due to insurance regulations, your get-togethers cannot be labeled as an OIWC event.)