What is the OIWC Education Foundation?
2008 marked a pivotal milestone in OIWC’s growth as we launched the OIWC Education Foundation, a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization dedicated specifically to providing women educational programs and career development resources. Now, individuals as well as companies have the opportunity to make tax deductible donations in support of OIWC’s missives. This body of OIWC is a separate entity and the 501(c)(3) status allows for contributions to be fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We know there are dozens of individuals in this industry who share our mission of providing educational seminars, networking opportunities, and mentoring avenues that inspire younger women. The status of OIWC’s Education Foundation will allow them to contribute and receive a tax benefit, as well.
Designed to aid all women and generate champions across all outdoor industries, the OIWC Education Foundation will provide a diverse program of learning to serve a wide range of interests and needs.
How will the Education Foundation’s goals be achieved?
The OIWC Education Foundation’s educational platform will stimulate professional development in strategic and tactical training programs, providing women of the outdoor industries access to advanced learning forums. Events and activities will include:
- Seminars – Women of the outdoor industries have had limited access to big picture thinking that drives business growth and profitability, as well as tactical training that optimizes day to day work activities. The OIWC Education Foundation seminars will cover such relevant subjects as:
- Leadership Training
- Personnel Development and Management
- Strategic Planning and New Business Development
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- How to Identify and Nurture Organizational Leadership & Accountability
- Interviewing Skills
- Budget/Financial Management
Conducted by recognized leaders in their respective fields of educational specialty, OIWC Education Foundation seminars and panels will be presented at national and regional outdoor industry trade shows, OIWC regional events, outdoor industries’ meetings and events, plus online via OIWC’s website – www.oiwc.org.
- Website and Online Resources – OIWC’s website will provide virtual, ongoing educational programs designed to reinforce concepts to those who attend trade show presentations in addition to providing access of these programs to all OIWC members. These website programs will include:
What is the OIWC Founder’s Circle?
- Transcripts of past professional development seminars and panel presentations from national and regional trade shows and meetings
- “Ask the Expert” viewpoints and Q&A columns with industry leaders on pre-published topics
- Mentoring information and links
- Monthly, ongoing calendars of national, regional and local educational programs and outreach functions
The OIWC Founder’s Circle serves to recognize individuals and corporations who share the vision of the OIWC and who embrace our mission on the ground floor. Founder's Circle membership is $1,000 for an individual or $5,000 for a company.
As a Founder’s Circle member, your support will be the cornerstone of the OIWC Education Foundation. You will take an active role in creating educational, networking, and mentoring opportunities for women in the outdoor industries, who, in turn will become the champions of younger women. In exchange for a one-time donation towards our initial $50,000 goal, your name or your company’s name will always be acknowledged in the Founder’s Circle listing as a person or entity that shared the OIWC vision from the start. Annual donations are welcomed, but this is the ONLY chance to be a part of the Founder’s Circle.
Your membership in the OIWC Founder’s Circle is not only valued and appreciated, but will be recognized throughout the outdoor industries’ trade publications, as well as in all OIWC avenues of communication to our members, sponsors, and partners.